Dr. Nirmalya Thakur from University of Cincinnati, USA
intersection of Human-Computer Interaction, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Assistive Systems
• Academic Researcher with more than 2 years of experience in conducting research at the intersection of Human-Computer Interaction, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Assistive Systems, Affective Computing and their applications.
• Authored 12 peer-reviewed publications in the last 2 years, which include publications in ACM and IEEE sponsored conferences, Human-Computer Interaction Journals and book chapters.
• Recipient of Interdisciplinary Research Fellowship from University of Cincinnati for 2018-19 (5 students awarded out of ~20,000 students per year)
• Recipient of Risk Management Award from University of Cincinnati for 2018-19 (1 student awarded out of ~20,000 students per year) for conducting breakthrough research that addresses risks associating with aging in Smart Homes.
• Featured in Marquis Who’s Who in America for Outstanding Contributions to the field of Computer Science (Link to Press Release: https://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release-service/467286)
• Serving as the Reviewer of 5 Journals related to Human Computer Interaction, Data Science, Big Data, Cognitive Computing and their related application domains.